Monday 6 July 2015

Not so Blue Monday

     We spent some time taking our dog to the riverbank to let her run & splash while our daughter picked up clam shells. Needless to say, I had a full bag of shells and a wet dog for the ride home but can't complain. The weather really was ideal today as it also was able to get a quick 5 km in too. I struggle with the heat and try to run in the mornings to avoid the hotter parts of the day, but today's highest temperature in the mid-20's meant an evening run was doable. I was supposed to run(well, probably drive or bike) to school today to start moving my classroom, but the day was too beautiful to be spent inside. When I write "supposed to", I'm referring to my own internal calendar. I don't want to leave it until August and definitely want the room squared away before we are away on holidays. I'm  also trying to hang onto those moments with our daughter where she actually wants to spend time with me. With a 14 year old who only emerges to look for food,  money or a ride somewhere, it's refreshing to spend the majority of the day with someone  who willingly wants to be around you. The dog in particular was in her glory, chasing seagulls and oddly enough, biting the water as she ran through the river. Usually during the school year, Mondays can be tricky, getting back into routines, with typically sleep kids who've been up too late the night before. It was a great Monday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment